Freedom is Fitness!
Will you be the one to break those generational wounds?
I'm not new to this,
I'm true to this...
Even my parents are trying to figure out what the hec am I doing after gaining a double major and masters level teaching certification. Securing a 14 year career as an autism specialist and just up and leaving...That's Wild!
So I know my community is processing the switch from just being a trainer to becoming the mental fitness expert?
To me, the choice wasn’t difficult.
I saw what you we’re experiencing and YOU need it, even if you’re not ready to be vulnerable.
I spent my first few years in business solely doing one on one training and group classes….as it was my initial calling
And while I still put in my share of work in that part of the industry ...
Over the years, I've come to know that while important, teaching you proper form and sending you a meal plan is NOT enough.
I’ve uncovered some simple facts that have remained:
- Black women have the highest rate of obesity averaging over 54.8% times more than their counterparts.
- In fact, mental health has the largest disparity in the us with women being treated and diagnosed the most. Mental health is an important indicator of a society’s overall well-being. Mental health interacts closely with physical health.
- Only one in five individuals who is overweight is successful in long-term weight loss, more than half of the lost weight was regained within two years, and by five years more than 80% of lost weight was regained.
- Survey after survey has confirmed, Black women are the most ambitious demographic group in America, but the least likely to find mentorship and advocates.
No wonder getting fit and healthy is “hard”, Black women are relying solely on an industry that has been misguided for our entire lives .
For years, we’ve invested in trainers to change our lifestyle and break the generational wound of obesity .
But on the other side of our dream body goals, we had our identity working against us, that fear that the ancestors left in our bloodline after facing a lifetime of suffering.
On average--health disparities are in large part a reflection of the inequalities experienced by Black women on a host of social and economic measures.
And when it comes to the numbers, they have a higher prevalence of many health conditions, including heart disease, stroke, cancers, diabetes, maternal morbidities, obesity, and stress
Well I’m coming to shake that s**t up and empower you beyond your current reality!
- We are fearless.
- We are ambitious and worthy.
- We are our ancestors wildest dreams.
- We just need the approach, an effective one.
Leading a formation of empowered women on a life changing journey isn’t just my God given vision.
It's a life's purpose, I am on a mission!
One that will break millions free from the bondage of oppression .
A legacy. Your legacy and mines!
Can’t you see! Won’t you join hands with me NOW. Let's Journey Together!
Coach Riva of Blue Jay Fitness.